Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Fru-strate-ing

Man, they don't lie when they say poker is a tough way to make an easy living. When it's good, you're living the life. When it's bad, you question all that you are and all that you're becoming.

I consider myself a pretty happy go lucky kinda guy. Not much bothers me in life. I have great friends, great family, an amazing and beautiful 2 year old daughter, and a pimped out apartment over my head. Got a few toys, yanno. Life is good. I run like God in life. But when it comes to poker, I can make the walls shake. (Hmm, maybe that's why 3 nearby tenants moved out in the past few weeks.)

It's not like I ran particularly bad today either. It's more of the conglomeration of 3 1/2 months of mediocrity... at best.

Back in the day (3 months ago) when I was in the top 5 or so in chips w/ <100 players left, I can almost guarantee a top 3 finish. It's those top 3 spots that pay your bills. Well, after charging to the front of the pack in the $40k today with <100 left, I managed to find the exit in 54th place. Sure, I lost AKs < AKo AIPF, but I certainly can't blame it all on bad luck. I actually sealed my fate with a horrific call.

I raised UTG w/ AQh and UTG+1 flat called me. His flat call rate was extremely low, and especially from early position. The flop comes Ad89d. I bet and he insta shoves me all in for about 27bb. There's absolutely nothing I'm beating here except a possible flush draw semi-bluff. But out of frustration from the AK hand and a few other questionable hands, for the first time in as long as I can remember, I call simply from tilt. Obviously he has me crushed w/ AK, no suckout, GG me.

I did manage to cash in one of my staking package tourneys though, the $75k GTD at, of all places, Full Tilt! The site where I haven't had a profitable month since March of last year! Finished 36th/705, which is another close-but-no-cigar as first paid approximately $25k. I'm sooooooo due there, it's sick.

Thankfully I get my daughter for the next 2 days while I cool off. Looking forward to that and it cannot come at a better time.


Peace sign,

-fingaz

(Original share price: $40; Current share price: $36)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Misclicks