Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A Night of Disconnects

After taking the necessary my-2-year-old-wears-me-the-f-out nap, I came in today nice and refreshed and full of spunk. My belief is that if you can't start off the day positive and expecting good things, you shouldn't even be logging on. And after a 3 1/2 month run of zip/zilch/nada, I'm proud to say I can still do that! ...most days.

Today was the first day of my OPOY backing package. My goal was to sell 60% of myself for all of the big buy-in weekly tournaments so that I can start my climb to the top of the OPOY leaderboard. I'm currently ranked 2915th and it should be no sweat to win it all as long as I win the Sunday Million twice and the Warm-up at least once and a few other big tourneys in between. Cake, I say. But unfortunately I couldn't find many believers in the forums and only managed to sell a paltry 12.5%.

I started off with the $100k GTD at Stars. Sadly all of my C-bets were picked off as I couldn't manage to connect on a single one. Down to about 17bbs, I decide to take the stand. A guy limps who's a 34% VPIP / 12% PFR, which usually implies he has a hand in between those two numbers. I estimate somewhere between ATo to 87o. I figured I have some nice fold equity and decide to ship it in w/ A7o from the SB fully expecting the fold. To my surprise he thinks a bit and calls 1/2 his stack w/ KJo! Damn, that puts him at about a 80% favorite against my luck and the gods don't disappoint. GG me.

I had a couple other tables open and disaster happened. My internet connection went haywire. I haven't had a connection this bad in probably a year or more. Fortunately I wasn't in anything big or it would've been more than a minor annoyance. I normally have my cell phone as a backup connection but I had just got a new phone (a G2, baby!!) and hadn't had the connection set up yet. Well, I do now.

Anyways, WSOP is on tonight! Please hold all calls.


Peace sign,

-fingaz

(Original share price: $115; Current share price: $113.05)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Misclicks